Welcome to ‘Sunflowers’, a popular and well reviewed boutique style bed and breakfast with a hot tub in the heart of the stunning Dorset countryside. Book directly with us for the best price, delicious breakfasts and lots of little extras – check availability and book online here.
Located in Gillingham, north Dorset, ‘Sunflowers’ is a beautiful, contemporary house where we offer you a home-from-home welcome: somewhere we hope you will feel relaxed and at ease. Arrive and enjoy complimentary Dorset tea and locally made biscuits/cake (or even a glass of wine, depending on the time!), then check out our comprehensive file of local information and consider how you’ll enjoy your stay. We offer:
- Three peaceful, spacious and luxurious guest rooms each with their own bathroom – enjoy views over the Blackmore Vale and St. Mary’s Church, high thread count sheets, fluffy robes, unlimited fast wi-fi, Freeview TV, quality toiletries and generous tea and coffee facilities;
- A private guest dining/living room, Sky TV and a DVD player; a guest refrigerator (with complimentary fresh milks and chilled water) and a library area with a comfortable sofa and lots of books to browse;
- Lots of free parking, a beautiful garden and a covered hot tub – enjoy a candlelit drink whilst soaking away the day;
- Delicious Dorset breakfasts made with local, organic and home-made produce. Vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free options always happily available upon request. Read the feedback and start to plan your trip.
Where are we?
- Gillingham, Dorset is in the beautiful Blackmore Vale, located close to Shaftesbury and the famous Gold Hill of Hovis Bread advertisement fame;
- On a direct train line from London Waterloo – ‘Sunflowers’ is a short walk or taxi ride from the railway station and Gillingham town centre;
- Ten minutes’ drive from the A303 – perfectly placed to visit the beautiful National Trust Stourhead House and Gardens or many other lovely local spots;
- Located on National Cycling Route 25 and on the Stour Valley Way, as well as adjacent to the Cranborne Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) – we are the first place in Dorset to be accredited as a Walkers Are Welcome town and we are a WaW bed and breakfast – we even sponsor the annual walking festival;
- On the borders of Somerset and Wiltshire – the ideal base for your trip to or from the West Country. Here’s a few ideas of things to see and do in the area.
Whether you are here on business, to celebrate a special occasion (a bank holiday weekend? A birthday? As a wedding guest? An anniversary? A family milestone or party? New Year? Just because? Let us know when you book!), to break your journey, to recharge and relax, perhaps to attend an activity at Gillingham School, local venues The Olive Bowl, the Osho Leela centre, the North Dorset Rugby Club, Gillingham Town Football Club or Port Regis School, to research your family history, to spend time with friends and family in the area or to use us as a base for a trip to Dorset: read the feedback, look at our special offers and contact us to make your booking.
Our Dorset bed and breakfast will offer you a warm welcome and a lovely stay. We are family friendly, gay/LGBTI friendly, dog friendly and walker, cyclist and motorcyclist friendly. And we are long time Airbnb Superhosts, with 5* ratings on Facebook and Google. We welcome guests from all over the world and enjoy hosting people from diverse backgrounds and walks of life; we are fully inclusive and we look forward to meeting you.
Cleo and Steve
‘Sunflowers’ is simply a gorgeous place to stay. Very comfortable rooms, lovely house and garden and of course a hot tub! Cleo and Steve are generous and friendly hosts who have considered everything their guests might need. Very private guest rooms, which are well appointed with many thoughtful touches and no detail overlooked. Such delicious breakfasts that I wish they did a delivery service! Gillingham, Dorset is in a beautiful part of the world, very accessible and is a great base for exploring the Blackmore Vale and further afield. Highly recommended. Elizabeth, Essex