Book securely and directly with us for the best price, delicious breakfasts and lots of little free extras – check availability here. Our online calendar is always up to date.
|| We love walking to local coffee spot Café Newt from ‘Sunflowers’ – it’s an easy ten minute stroll from us and here are just some of the reasons to pay them a visit:
Located in the stunning, listed Old Brewery Building on Wyke Road – Café Newt is at the rear of the property and is the in-house café for the motorcycle MotoCorsa dealership, home to some beautiful and rare motorcycles. Even if you’re not into bikes, the space is fantastic and is a stunning backdrop for a wide range of motorbikes, clothing and vintage biking artefacts.
- We can give you directions on how to find the café – it’s an easy walk, drive or motorbike ride from ‘Sunflowers’.
- The café is run by Steve and he and his team are very friendly and helpful, with a smile for everyone.
The coffees are great! Like us, Steve is a big fan of local produce, so you can enjoy our delicious local coffee (seen here in a flat white) as supplied by Gillingham firm 918 Coffee.
- There’s a wide range of Specials and you can enjoy sandwiches, cakes, soups and other hot lunch options.
- Plus gluten-free bread, cakes and soya milk are on offer.
- It’s dog friendly! Your canine friend is welcome in the conservatory area at the back of the café and in the garden too. And Steve’s team will even offer Fido (or Peggy, in my case) a doggy treat upon arrival.
- There are colouring sheets and crayons for the mini-visitors ….
- And lots of books and magazines about bikes for the motorcyclists.
Finally – our guests can enjoy a free Americano coffee or a cup of tea when they visit Café Newt: we’ve been supplied with some free vouchers (Peggy is guarding them) which are here for you if you let us know that you fancy a trip to Café Newt during your stay. Available until 20th April 2018, whilst our stocks last.
- PS: It’s called Café Newt because there’s a rare and protected colony of newts in the pond at the rear of the property. All of the building work at MotoCorsa was done in order to preserve and secure their habitat.
Café Newt at
The Old Brewery
Tel: 01747 811 196
Monday to Saturday
9.00 am – 4.30 pm