Book securely and directly with us for the best price, delicious breakfasts and lots of little extras – check availability here.
Breakfast, petit dejeuner, Früstück, ontbijt, frukost, desayuno, brekkie – it’s half the reason you come to stay here! It’s also an important part of your experience and your time with us, so we want to make sure that you start your day with a great meal.
Cleo raises breakfast to the level of gastronomic delight – she clearly enjoys and excels at cooking. We cannot recommend her highly enough. Seamus, Dublin
We pride ourselves on offering you a wide range of breakfast options and we’re happy to adjust our dishes where and when we can to make them (for example) – dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian or vegan. As many of our items as possible are sourced locally or home-made; keep an eye on the blog to see some of the recipes and please follow us on Facebook, where we post lots of breakfast dish pictures in our breakfast album. And do check out our feedback page to see how often breakfast gets a name check!
To keep our prices competitive, we offer a range of light breakfast options included with our compliments within the room rate or you can choose to upgrade to a full cooked Dorset Special Breakfast.
We only stayed for one night, but were impressed with such high standards and the welcome from Cleo. Thank you for going to so much trouble to cater for our gluten-free and dairy-free diets, even down to adding special treats in the bedroom for us! And what a magnificent breakfast! We know where to stay when we return to Dorset. Jackie, London – judge at the Guild of Fine Foods ‘Great Taste Awards’ 2017
Your light breakfast options include your choice from: cereals, porridge, warm pastries, sliced cheese, ham, fresh tomatoes, local Greek-style yoghurt from The Dorset Dairy Company, fresh fruit and home-made compotes, local jams and honey, warm dishes such as eggs or mushrooms on toast or perhaps one of our very popular Fruit, Oat and Yoghurt Parfaits.
To this you can add a range of other breakfast ideas if you upgrade – try locally sourced bacon, eggs, sausages (or halloumi cheese as a vegetarian option) or perhaps smoked salmon or trout served with creamy scrambled eggs and wilted spinach on a toasted muffin with Hollandaise sauce?
If you’re here on business, we also offer an early Breakfast to Go, Monday to Friday – grab a bowl of cereal before you leave and then take a warm sandwich of either bacon or halloumi cheese, a cup of Dorset tea or locally ground 918 coffee and some juice away with you.
At weekends, holidays or if you’re celebrating, we step it up a gear and offer a wider range of dishes – previous guests have raved about our Sunday Specials, so maybe you’d like to try:
- Toasted Waffles with a Warm Berry Compote and Lemon Ricotta Cream
- An Oven Baked Frittata, served with Roast Tomatoes and made with either: Smoked Salmon and Spring Onion OR Pancetta and Cheese OR Mushroom, Spinach and Cheese (v)
- Stuffed French Toast with Banana, Honey and Almonds OR Cream Cheese and Strawberries (available with gluten-free bread upon request)
- A Mixed Berry Croissant Bake (our most popular special – we’ll even add a candle for your birthday!)
- Breakfast in a Mushroom – a big Portobello Mushroom stuffed with Pancetta and served with creamy Cheese/Chive Scrambled Eggs and Roast Tomatoes (request it without the pancetta for a vegetarian option)
- Raspberry Chocolate Brioche Bake (because chocolate at breakfast time is sometimes A Really Good Idea)
- Overnight Croque Monsieur with local Cheese and Ham; request it with a fried egg to convert it to a Croque Madame! (available with gluten-free bread)
- Mushroom, Halloumi Cheese and Tomato Stack – served on a toasted muffin (vegetarian; gluten-free muffin available)
Thank you so much for such a wonderful stay at your excellent B&B. Stephen and I really enjoyed ourselves and in large part because of your fantastic hospitality and amazing cooking – Stephen is still dreaming about the breakfasts!! If there is no such thing as a gourmet B&B, then you have just invented it! Ann, visiting Gillingham from Berkshire for two nights to attend a concert as part of GillFest 2017
Feeling hungry yet? Click here to book and start looking forward to your ‘Sunflowers’ style breakfast now!